Thankful
Not many people I know like to write on a regular basis. It takes time and effort. For me in this season of life I find that writing is a good way to process things and express my thoughts. Many people don't have a lot of time at home but for me this is something I have a lot of. Though most of it is spent watching our one year old, it helps to have an outlet like this to gather my thoughts.
There have been several things on my mind recently and in my heart. For one, I am very thankful for the opportunities this summer has brought. Last week I was able to help with the first "Day Camp" that our camp has ever had. Three other leaders and several volunteers all pulled together and with God's grace it ran smoothly and we enjoyed pouring into 59 campers. Next week I get the privilege of helping with our church's VBS. I'm excited to be there and help out with the crafts. Then, in a few weeks our church is planning a VBS "backyard Bible club" style. I'm so thankful for these opportunities this summer. In the midst of parenting Susanna it has been a blessing to have these opportunities to serve together with others.
Learning to be a parent has been one of the biggest challenges I've faced because it gets in your personal life and space. It is constant and there is no "clocking out" or vacationing from wearing that hat. True one can take breaks when others watch your child. But you are still in the end a parent. This past year I have had a love/hate relationship with this role. Sometimes I really love it. It's fun to get out and see people and watch Susanna interact with others. It's fun to watch her learn a new skill or say "gthank kyou" (in her own sweet way). There are other times when I'm tired of being woken up before 7 with a crying baby who needs her poopy diaper changed for the 5th morning this week. I'm tired of seeing her arch her back and throw a fit when I say "no" and move her away from something that's off limits. And I feel a bit worn from trying to keep up with an energetic and sometime needy toddler when I'm expecting right now and my energy level ebbs and flows. Sometime I count the minutes till nap time or till dad gets home or bed time because I just feel worn and tired. Those are the times I am especially thankful for rest, for home, and for my husband James. There is a lot more reasons I am thankful I am for my husband. But that is a tangible way he helps and I am so grateful for the days he comes home and is able to help for a bit.
As I bring this post to a close I also want to say I'm thankful for summer days. We have been enjoying going to sit by the lake. It seems to refresh Susanna and I. And the summer mornings we can usually find some shade to sit in for a while before it gets too hot. Thank you God for places to go and get out in your creation and be refreshed.

2 Comments:
Love it Lydia, oh so true. Hand in there, you will make it.We have a great God who knows our every need.
Thank you for your comment and the encouragement!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home