With us in the storm
Today was my second midwife appointment. Everything checked out well. We went over proper nutrition and she did a routine check-up, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat once again! It was good to hear that the baby seems to be developing well!
This evening we went to the Wednesday night service and heard a message on Mark 4 about how Jesus calmed the storm. The pastor had some good points about how even though Jesus knew the storm was coming he still sent his disciples into it. He was with them through the storm and ultimately they learned that he was in control. This story has some great parallels for us when we go through life's storms. They do not take God by surprise. He knows when we are heading into one. And he will be with us through it. It was comforting to be reminded as I face the uncertainties of a first pregnancy. God will be with me through each challenge that comes my way. This was one comforting application I drew from it.
These next few days I am off work since my work days fell at the beginning of the week this week. It has been nice to have some time at home today to get home chores done and organize things after our camping trip last weekend. In the next few days I hope to go for a swim and James and I are hoping to play tennis one evening if the rain doesn't stop us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home