Tuesday, October 15, 2019

New Changes

    Life is full of changes.  Some are exciting and others are less exciting.  In general I enjoy the adventure that new changes brings.  In August we found out that we were expecting a baby!  We were so excited and wanted to tell everyone.  Yet we knew we should wait a bit so the baby could grow and make sure the pregnancy was going well.  A few weeks later we began to tell close friends and family.  Then, finally about two weeks ago we let the news out on Facebook.  It has been fun to share the news and let people share in our joy!

    Pregnancy has been different from what I expected.  I did not realize the hardship that morning sickness brings.  It started around week five and has been slowly subsiding since week 10 or 11.  I have felt a lot of fatigue, morning sickness, and food aversions.  These are things I did not realize colored so much of the first few months of pregnancy.  Yet it also is a good indication that things are going well.

    On week 12 we had our first midwife appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time!!!  It was so cool!  Every time I heard it I could not help but laugh with joy.  Being able to hear it made it even more real that there is a little one growing inside.  Though there are still times that I feel like I should pinch myself to see if this is really happening.  I am very excited to be a mom and to see James become a dad.  It will be a big change to our lives and routines.  Yet it will be be good!  I have dreamed of having children one day.  I know it will not be easy and many days will feel hard as we adjust to being parents.  Yet I look forward to the joys of looking into the face of our little one and seeing him/her smile.  I look forward to going through the stages of baby, toddler, and childhood.  I look forward to learning how to parent and teach him/her new things.   From what I have heard parenting is hard and tougher than people imagine.  Yet I do not want that to cloud the joy of becoming a parents and loving our children.

    As I work here at camp two days a week, I have wondered what it will be like when I might no longer have a job and stay home with my children.  I have worked for so many years and found a sense of purpose in it.  I wondered what it will be like to no longer have that outlet.  I enjoy working because it gives me the opportunity to interact with people and work together to accomplish worthwhile goals.  At camp we serve so that others may have the chance to hear about Christ and grow in their faith.  I enjoy being able to learn new things and work on tasks to make that possible.  In some ways when I switch to staying at home and being a mom full-time I think it will feel natural and I think I will enjoy it.  There is also a part of me that wonders if I will miss working and feeling like I am accomplishing things.  Yet, being a mom means that you are working on something else.  You are seeking to raise a child/children.  You are still accomplishing things but it may be less tangible on a daily basis.  And ultimately you are able to share Christ with your children and help them grow in their faith.  So even though my "job" might look different, I will still be aiming for similar goals.  And parenting will allow plenty of opportunities to learn new things and even work with others if I am intentional to connect with other moms.

    Anyway, that is about all the energy and thoughts I have right now as I start to process this change.  It is going to be an exciting change and one with many things to learn.   




   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home