Monday, August 26, 2019

Rest

    This week we went up to Grand Rapids to see James' brother and sister-in-law.  After a busy summer season and some busy weeks of work afterwards, it is so nice to have some time to rest and not have to go places and do things.  Today I got to sleep in and get up slowly.  We went to get milkshakes together and then ate lunch.  Jenna went back to work and the boys headed out to run some errands.  I had the chance to sit on their screened, sun room and rest.  I enjoyed soaking in the beautiful greenery of their back yard, listening to the sound of the wind rustle the leaves, reading a little, and snoozing a little. Their cat Ristretto even came and slept in my lap for a while.  It was relaxing.
    After the guys got back, I rested a little more, worked on some things on my to-do list, took a short walk, and am back here in the sun room.  Now I'm enjoying the sounds of raindrops hitting the roof.  It's a calming, light drum on the ceiling above.
    Thank you God for rest and a chance to unwind after some very busy times.  I forget how much stress can build from work and the daily grind.  It's great to just unwind.  Thank you God for giving us so many good blessings of family, friends, a place to get away, time to reflect, and the small things in life to enjoy.   You are a good God and I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home