God's blessing
Today I got up when James got up for work. I decided to try out a hiking trail at camp that I had not done before. It was a really nice hike up along a ridge and then opened up to a beautiful view of the surrounding hills in the distance. Hiking has always been one of my favorite leisure activities. It helps me get away from life's stresses. Being in God's creation somehow makes me feel closer to God as I observe His creativity and marvel at the intricate design in a leaf or an animal. When I see a breath-taking view it causes me to think of the One who made it all.
We are getting ready to move our stuff from Erie to Alabama. Getting a moving truck reserved is becoming more of a challenge than we expected. We had a quote a few weeks ago and now it has had a price jump of $300-400. It was a bit discouraging to realize that in a week and a half the prices could go up so much. Yet, we are thankful that God has provided the resources needed and we have what we need. After much research I realized that this is about the average price of moving across country. So, it looks like we will just have to bite the bullet here to get things moved.
Anyway, even though there have been some difficulties today, I am thankful for a friend to drink coffee with today, for the chance to eat lunch with my husband, for God's gracious provision through work, and for time to work on things. Overall I am so thankful for God's grace and His loving care. He has brought us this far and He is here.
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home