Blessings and Thanksgiving
Seventeen days ago I moved to Erie, PA. God graciously provided a part-time job as a "Replenishment Associate" for a local store. Even though it is a very basic, entry-level job, I am thankful for the work. And when I am not at work, I have opportunity to do more job searching and applying for full-time work (or another part-time job). Job searching takes time. Every application submitted means I am that much closer to finding full-time hours.
In other news, I have enjoyed time with Luke and Michele (my older brother and his wife) and family. It is a blessing to be living with them while I am settling here. They have graciously allowed me to stay with them until I am able to get full-time work and a place to live.
The fall leaves here shine with brilliant shades of orange, yellows, and reds. The weather has had a few cold snaps but overall it has been warmer than I expected.
The church that I have been visiting has been good. One Sunday a young lady played Mandolin for special music. A few weeks later in an evening gathering, a lady accompanied an old hymn on the accordion. I like the appreciation for the variety of instruments. On a more important note, the three messages I have heard recently for Sunday school, the AM and PM gatherings have been very good. In Sunday school I learned some new things about how David made preparations for the building of the temple. During the service the message was on Jesus, the Good Shepherd. The current pastor shares with passion for the lost and a desire to see believers get involved in the work of reaching lost sheep. In the evening we heard a compelling message from David Platt about the martyrs during the reformation. The stories of these martyrs and where they found their hope and courage inspired me and spurred me on to consider how I am living and what sacrifice I am willing to make for the cause of Christ.
It has been fun to get to know new friends here. Last Sunday I was introduced to several people at church. Then after church went to lunch with 5 others from the church. One of them, was an MK who went to the same boarding school as my dad and knew my aunt from her time there. (It's a small world). This Sunday promises to be good as well with another invitation to lunch with friends.
So even though this transition has had its challenges as every transition does (with adjustments to a new place, new job, and new people), I am giving thanks for all these blessings God has given here. I choose to dwell on the good things.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home