Thanksgiving
Today I'm thankful for:
Friends and connections. When I stop a moment and consider the things God has given during my time here, I see the amazing ways God has provided. He gave me friends in many places. Today I walked with our intern Naomi over to a min. house and saw a friend I met during my first summer here back in 2011.
Then, I had a chance to go and help a dear couple paint their house for a couple of hours. This dear couple has ministered to so many workers for many years here. It was such a blessing to be able to "give back" to them in a practical way. Then, I road my bike down to Peja, enjoying the pleasant breeze and wind in my face on the route home.
After changing out of paint clothes, we went off with our team to a beautiful place to share a meal together. Over the meal we discussed the work here and how to coordinate our efforts as we plan forward. It was good to spend time together and also to talk about what's coming.
Tomorrow will be more connections. . .coffee with my former language teacher, finishing the paint job at the couple's house, prepping some things for girl's group, hanging out with young adults at our young adult's meeting, and then going for coffee with local friends.
One thing that I'm amazing about is how God provides things to do and ways to be involved in the work He is doing. Sometimes I start a week and am not sure what is going to happen (besides our regular meetings). By the end of the week I marvel at the various people I got to see and the projects I got to be apart of to continue to build-up the work God is doing here. God is good. He provides not only what I need -- food, clothing, shelter but also useful work to do that helps further His overarching plans. I love to see His Hand in the small things.

3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thanks for sharing your heart & your life dear Lydia ! God gifted you with the heart you have. He has a good plan for how your gifts are being used & they so clearly are a Blessing to so many. (Mom)
Hi Mom, Thank you for the encouragement! Yes, I do see how God is allowing me to be apart of His work here. It's a blessing. We serve a good God!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home