Monday, January 25, 2016

His Pleasure

    While I was going about my day today, I realized that nothing I do is "more pleasing" or "less pleasing" to God.  Since nothing I do can somehow make me "more righteous" or "less righteous" than who I am because of the sacrifice of JC.  If a believer spends time in the kitchen doing dishes or if they are out building relationships, each activity can be done with a grateful heart to God and for His glory.  One is not inherently more pleasing to God.  God is already pleased because JC paid the price for us.
    This is not how I tend to think.  I tend to categorize in my mind which activities are more acceptable to God.  I tend to down-play menial tasks and overvalue other things.  But in reality if I do something that seems "more important" for the purpose of trying to earn brownie points with God, then it's useless.  God is not impressed.  God knows how humans are formed.  He knows that we are but dust.  Lord God thank you for having mercy on me and pouring out your grace on me.  I am undeserving.  Thank you that I don't have to try and "earn" your pleasure.  You are are already pleased.  Please draw many people, myself included, closer to You.  We are desperate for your work in our lives.  Apart from you we are truly nothing.  But with you we possess the greatest treasure of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home