Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thankfulness in the midst of life's questions

        It is hard to believe that ten weeks of classes have already passed.  Step by step I am learning more.  I forgot how long it took to really learn a language, starting from the beginning.  When I studied French I already had a basic knowledge of simple grammar.  In this language, it has been different because I did not have that when I started.  Yet, step by step I am learning more and that is encouraging.

    Overall, I am not sure what the future holds.  I dream of being married and having a family of my own one day.  I think of the meals I will make for my family and the things I will do with my husband children, if God provides.  As I dream about the togetherness and belonging that marriage and family offer, I try to guard against becoming ungrateful or dissatisfied with the things God has given me right now.  For now, I have been given this assignment.  It is not wrong to dream dreams of one day enjoying good things.  At the same time, one must be careful to not let the dreams overshadow the gifts He gives us in each day.  God has given us so many wonderful things.

    So, I will close this post recounting some of the things that I am thanking God for this weeks.  This week God gave me three great classes in Albanian and the energy to invest many hours in studying.  This week God gave me the opportunity to enjoy teaching violin to a young lady and seeing her put in the effort to learn to play.  This week God blessed me with favor from the ID card office as I worked on getting a mistake on my card changed.  The lady at the office was kind enough to not only record the problem but also get my picture re-taken so that hopefully I will only have one or two more trips there.  God gave me a great visit with a family here.  This family is patient and hospitable, as I practice speaking Albanian sentences.  They rejoiced with me at the good news of dad's prognosis.  God gave me a good visit with an older couple here who helped me get the light on my bike fixed.  God gave me a good time of connecting with a young lady at a coffee shop and we hope to get together again during her winter break.  These are just some of the ways God has blessed me this week.
 
    Life can be very hard at times.  Yet, God remains good.  He continues to do good and work things out for good and for His glory.  May we not let the hardships overshadow the blessings in these days.  May He be praised as we return thanks for His many blessings.

2 Comments:

At April 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Marisa Munro said...

:) love being reminded of all the good in each day. So much for which to be grateful!

 
At April 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Marisa Munro said...

:) love being reminded of all the good in each day. So much for which to be grateful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home