Friday, October 3, 2014

It's the small things

    My team leader's wife and I have started to go through a book called "Authentic Relationships."  It goes through some of the "One Another" verses.  One thing that has stuck out to me is that in relationships the small things really make a big difference.  In one of our discussions about the first chapter we both commented on how listening was key in some of our close friendships.  Listening goes a long way in establishing and building a solid relationship.  Listening is more than not speaking.  It means seeking to understand what the other person is thinking and how they are feeling about what they are talking about.  Another "small thing" is that when we are called to "love one another," it means to love the people that are in your life.  It can feel overwhelming if you try to "love everyone."  If you narrow it down to the people that are in your life and that you cross paths with, it becomes very practical and personal.  This perspective makes a huge difference.  It is freeing in many ways.  Just focus on the person or persons that our Father has placed in your life right now and look for small ways to show love.  This study has been intriguing so far.  I am thankful that we can study and discuss it together.

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2014 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Marisa Munro said...

Listening shows we want to go deep with a person, for sure. I am learning so much in this light…"slow to speak, quick to hear". AND love the part about just focusing on the people in your life. I think of the people I know have been put around me for a reason- students, friends, and I must remember to invest in them while they are in my life.

 
At October 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thank you for you sharing your thoughts on this. Yes, loving the people in our lives is God's desire for us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home