KW9 -- Our largest camp week!
A week full of work, leading activities, setting-up, facilitating, working with others, watching people's faces light up with a smile, hearing Albanian spoken all around, seeing thousands of stars above our campfire meetings, heading to bed late, getting up early, doing dishes, crying perplexing, exhausting tears, playing violin, practicing guitar, saying goodbye after you give your all, fixing lunch, bringing people out to the market, and finally. . .rest. Today is a day that I can stop my regular work. I am allowed to stop pushing ahead. In every attempt to do something here, it seems there is an extra, unexpected obstacle to be overcome. Even when you prepare yourself for challenges, it seems like another thing comes. These things can help make you stronger and also remind you of your limitations.
This summer has brought me to some places of great joy. It has pushed me to some new limits as I've learned to overcome more challenges. It has increased my confidence and abilities in leadership. It has also helped me see areas of weakness. It has revealed my attitudes -- good and bad.
In the end all that I am is a child of the Father. I used to pursue great and admirable goals. I used to think that I could become 'someone' if only I could reach these goals. Yet I find that the only thing that makes me 'someone' is if I am a child. . .a child of the Creator of heaven and earth. If I have a relationship with Him, then I have everything I need. I am complete. If I can call Him my Father then I'm free. I'm free to simply live each day for Him. I don't need to do anything 'big' or great to be fulfilled. In His grace I am complete.
Yesterday we got a call from a min leader in Albania. They would like to bring a group to camp this coming week. We are hoping they can make it. I am continuing to learn to live in flexibility and take each day as it comes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home