Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 7 -- at the center and at camp

Today (Monday) is a bit of a day 'off' for me.  I have been learning the importance of taking time to rest.  If one does not rest, the work that you do suffers for it.
Tuesday we hope to bake our last double batch of cookies for camp.  I plan to finish organizing things at the center and hopefully visit a friend in the evening.
Wednesday we have a team meeting in the morning, ladies study after lunch, and a 'girl's night' with local young ladies in the evening, the Lrd willing.
Thursday -- we plan to head out bright and early for two full days at camp.  It will be an opportunity to help my two housemates learn about the local transportation as we catch the 7am Kombi bus.  While there my roommate are planning to organize and prepare a huge Scavenger Hunt for a camp in July.  An intern named James and I will be working to finish the low ropes element.  Around 3 or 4pm I am planning to train all the interns on how to faciliate groups on the low ropes course.  This will include how to explain the rule for each challenge, how to keep people safe, how to facilitate debrief discussions, and how we will use the course in the camp in July.
Friday -- we plan to do a long hike.  This will be a bit of a 'day off' of work but a day full of getting to know one another as we attempt a challenging ridge hike above camp.  This will be one of our last opportunities before the busy summer season kicks in full force.
Saturday we are planning a large 'going away' party for the H family, for a British couple, and a birthday party for a retired couple.  It will be an 'open house' at the center from 3-7pm.  So, it will be a full day.
Sunday we have our regular team meeting and evening gathering.  In the evening Kaitlyn and I are planning to share some songs we are working on with Guitar and Violin, the Lrd willing.

    In the midst of all the activities and plans my pr/yer is that I will continue to rely on Gd's leading, strength, and enabling for min.  When I am tempted to just do things with my own resources, it is easy to become self-focused and discouraged.  As I look to Him, I know He sees the work here and is using it for His glory.  Whatever happens -- through the changes, challenges, and work -- much flexibility is required.  As I learn to be flexible, I also am able to see areas where He's calling for maturity and growth in my life.  At times it's an uncomfortable place to be.  At other times, it brings joy to know that He is willing to chip away and mold me through these things.  We serve a faithful and patient Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home