KW7 -Changes
The plans for last week changed when we got a call from one of our camp groups asking if they could come on Thursday instead of the next week. In this culture one of the hardest things for an American to learn is the flexibility that is required to live here. Our team leaders have been learning it well and were very quick to accommodate. So our plans from Thursday-Saturday were changed. We went to camp and enjoyed several days with a very sweet group. The hike we'd planned for Friday could wait for another time. Instead there was training times and I had the pleasure of facilitating the camp group through the low ropes team-building course.
After the full day of training and activities on Friday I came down with laryngitis. It started with very minor cold symptoms and then I almost completely lost my voice. Today (Monday) I'm still recovering from it. It has caused me to take some much needed 'rest' and Gd has been using it to work in my heart.
Yesterday, after speaking very little to anyone (as I tried to rest my voice), I went to our team meeting and evening gathering. There after the gathering, I asked Pam if I could talk to her. I shared some of the questions, feelings, and frustrations that were going on in my heart. The two biggest were questions on how Gd allows so many who have never heard the good news to live out their lives here and then go into eternity without Him. I've heard discussions on this question before but recently it started really bothering me. When you see people and you get to know their names and life stories, it is tough to see such dry ground here. The second frustration was about the course that Gd has my life on right now. I do not know what the future holds and it is hard to see what Gd is doing here. As I talked to Pam and another lady at our gathering, I was encouraged to focus on my relationship with the Father. I realized how much my focus has turned to prioritize other things. The most important thing is knowing Gd and his Son and living each day in deeper knowledge of Him. We can trust Him to guide us then. But if we don't walk in relationship with Him, that's when life gets all out of line. It was a good reminder and I'm thankful for the trials that brought me back to where my focus needs to be. Gd is good. He is my Father.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home