Week 3 -- preparations and visits
It is hard to believe that I will be starting my fourth week here tomorrow. This past week I went on three visits, picked up my new roommate from the airport, and have been helping give her some 'orientation' to this area. We've taken several trips into Peja. I've taught her how to go shopping for food. I've showed her how to go to the post office to put money on your phone. We've gone to exchange money. We've gone to the tourist office and visited a few interesting sites. I think our favorite thing has been to visit two local young ladies. They and their families have been so sweet and hospitable.
This coming week we plan to start working on making cookies to freeze for camp. We hope to visit camp and start planning some activities for a large group coming in about a month. We plan to go bowling with a few young ladies on Wednesday's "free bowling night" for ladies. At the end of the week, we plan to welcome a couple who's doing a vision trip. And I plan to continue to learn music in Albanian and help with our weekly gathering. It promises to be another good week. I'm learning to take it all a day at a time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home