Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meaningful Conversations

Picture a camper took of me while I was 'back-up belaying' for my fellow staff on our climbing day.



    Today after we said good-bye to campers and cleaned up camp, I was sitting by our "Chattooga Lake" with a friend.  We talked about various things that we were doing and planning to do in the future.  We carried on a conversation that went for over an hour.  As we talked, we supervised some campers who were swimming.  Having a meaningful 'sit-down conversation' was such a blessing.  It lifted my spirit.  There is something about meaningful conversation that is very special.  Someone who will look you in the face, listen, ask questions, and answer questions that you ask; someone who waits for you to finish and talks through various things and looks at things from various perspectives.  If you find someone like that, you have found a treasure.
   In our fast-paced society it is unfortunately rare to find people who are willing to sit down and talk for a while.  People have various things 'to do' or places 'to go,' that they forget the lost treasure of meaningful conversations.  Personally I have found myself guilty of this on many occasions.  This week at camp, I want to take time each day and have meaningful conversations.  I hope to find times at least twice each day to talk about more than just what relates to work here.  I hope to ask questions and get to know people more.  This is a treasure that you can have each day, if you are willing to take the time. 





Some of my adventure girls this week!

Climbing the 'slab wall' at Currahee.

1 Comments:

At June 24, 2012 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Victoria Anne said...

Great post, Lydia !
Yes, I understand so much your comments about meaningful conversations. Families have trouble with this, too, at times.
Thanks for the good visit by phone !

Much love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home