Saturday, April 14, 2012

Outdoor Education

My first group of students enjoyed learning about orienteering, rappelling, and forestry in the snow!

Team-building in our 'school room' was a nice break from the cold :o)

Building 'survival shelters' during the second half of our orienteering class.

Rappelling down the 130 foot rock cliff was always an exciting time for the group!

When my group rappels, I stand at the bottom and unhook them as they come down. I always like to ask, "How was it?" I get varied responses like, "It was terrifying! Or, "It was fun!" and always a smile on their faces.


Walking into the area to learn how to ride horses. Horse-riding is combined with a class about the history of horses, how native Americans used horses, mining, and the history of Lake City.

It has been a good two weeks of Outdoor Education. We have had three groups here totaling approximately 170 students. These next few weeks promise to be pretty full. I'm learning a lot and enjoying the opportunities I get to talk to students and share His love and truth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home