 |
| Up the Rugova Vally towards camp! |
 |
| Dining area |
 |
| Construction supplies |
 |
| View just up from the dining area |
 |
| The kitchen where we will prepare meals |
 |
| Walking into the "Blessing House," from the kitchen -- we stowed our packs. |
 |
| The steps going up to the second floor. |
 |
| Looking down from the roof on the parking area (small bath house up the hill). |
 |
| A small garden next to the kitchen and parking area |
 |
| Walking up to the field ("Blessing House" behind me) |
 |
| Some of my co-workers and people who I have met here. |
 |
| Some women at camp made "Fli" a traditional bread-like food. They had come up with their group today. |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Today I went up to camp for the first time. After about a 30 minute ride in a Kombi, we got off at a dirt road turn-off. We hiked up about a mile on the dirt road and trails -- crossing a few streams that flowed across the road. When we got to camp, we met up with some of our team. Keith gave me a tour of camp. Then Keith, Pam, Jenelle, and I started working on setting up for the group. We put a temporary tarp over the dining area, set up chairs and tables, did some dishes, put up shower curtains, and put up the volleyball net. The group arrived. They were here just for the day. They had their own program planned. Some other workers from Peja were leading it. They had a snack, played field games, made "Fli" (flea-ah), and then had a time of sharing. While they were making "Fli" we had a team meeting and talked about a lot of scheduling for camp this summer. It was great to be a part of it all! After the meeting, it was time to head back to Peja. Jenelle and I hitched a ride with some of our team-mates. After eating a late lunch back at Jenelle's appartment, we ran and errand and now we are at a coffee shop. It's been a great day! It was so cool to finally see camp and start serving with the team!
4 Comments:
Looks like a great place for you to work! Thanks for sharing pictures with us! Love you!
Thanks for posting these pictures! I enjoyed them! Love ya!
Dear Lydia,
Whoa! There you are. It's so great to finally be on your blog after all these years. After all this time, you are taking that next step. Just had a great visit with your parents...we talked about you- (they saw the pics I had up of you transitioning from Quebec...took a minute to spell it right...to graduation...to...you guessed it...caving...!
So- I talked to them about putting them in my legal stuff- like to help take care of things if I should...go...I know it's crazy- but they were honored. And I talked to them about relationships. They took me out to eat yummy Italian. And Your parents are so real and caring...your Dad told me how his Mom- your Grandmother- told your sister they had two pets in Africa: A lion and a kangaroo. I woke up in the night laughing about that.
So- guess wehat? PTL- an answered "request"- I got a call about a TA or Teaching job today! I will fill you in soon. I'll keep these shorter- or try to- the pics were lovely- great to hear you are there and continuing the life-long journey
your friend always
Marisa
Love
Anna, you're welcome! Glad there's a way to share them with you!
Elijah, glad you enjoyed them, thanks for stopping in :o)
Marisa, thank you for sharing what's happening with you :o) Glad you had the chance to see mom and dad! Sounds like you shared a good time together! Wow, sounds like a great opportunity to teach! Good news! Yes, please keep me posted, feel free to e-mail or FB message me whenever you hear more. Ttyl friend :o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home