Pack it up!
It has now come to the final week before I fly out to southeastern Europe. Today I spent several hours going through things and making preparations. It is somewhat of a chore to plan and make so many decisions about what to bring and what not to bring. Emotionally, it can be a bit draining. Packing is a tangible step towards this transition overseas. I am very excited to have this opportunity to serve. Meanwhile, I feel the emotional strain of uprooting and saying good-bye to life here. Moving is tough. It is tough to say good-bye to people and to the life you are used to leading. . .but is a necessary step that must be taken in order to get from here to there. As I take time for a break to write, I am reminded that it's okay to have these feelings of discomfort and challenge along the way. It's part of what it means to be sent out and to serve in a place far away. Life is not a free and easy ride. Nothing comes easily. Each step is worth the challenge to reach the next part of the journey. Most of all, I find comfort and rest in the hands of the Guide along this journey. His hands are strong. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home